April 25th Quran Competition (ES)
April 26th Quran Competition (MHS)
May 4th Teachers Retreat (No Students)
May 8th-19th MAP Testing
May 25th Arabic DAy (ES)
Aya of the Week
Successful indeed are the believers (1) Who are humble in their prayers, (2) And who shun vain conversation, (3) And who are payers of the poor-due; (4) And who guard their modesty - (5) Save from their wives or the (slaves) that their right hands possess, for then they are not blameworthy, (6) But whoso craveth beyond that, such are transgressors - (7) And who are keepers of their pledge and their covenant, (8) And who pay heed to their prayers. (9) These are the heirs (10)
* Annual orientation.
* In-service seminars
* Local & National conferences
These training programs are designed, so that the teachers meet the needs of the students and their own professional growth. The workshops cover a variety of issues & topics the teachers need, such as instructional techniques, classroom management, and discipline. Workshops on Islamic Education are also available for Salam School staff and faculty.
Salam School teachers are encouraged to improve their proficiency by enrolling in post-graduate education programs in recognized universities
Please follow these guidelines if you have a student at Salam School:
1. Drive slowly while entering and exiting.
2. Do not make a left turn on 13th Street when exiting
3. Do not leave your car unattended in the driveway.
4. Utilize available parking spaces. Parking is not allowed in the driveway.
5. Do not Double Park.
6. Pull your car up as far as possible when using the driveway. Do not stop in the middle of the driveway.
7. Drop off and pick up students by the gym door. Students should not be dropped off at the school entrance.
8. Remember that dismissal is at 3:00 p.m., however it takes the students 5-10 minutes after dismissal to go to their lockers and gather their belongings. In order to minimize the congestion, we ask that you arrive closer to 3:05 p.m.
9. Use the crosswalk. Do not leave children unattended while crossing the street.
10. Do not leave children unattended in the parking lot area.
11. Drop and pick up the children on time.
The school will make very effort to safeguard personal belongings brought by the child, but will not be responsible for lost or broken items. Expensive or irreplaceable items such as jewelry, watches or cameras should not be brought to school.
Spring break: Students receive a one-week break during March or April.
Summer vacation: mid June to late August.
Labor Day Eid ul-Fitr (3 days as indicated on the calendar)
Thanksgiving Day Eid ul-Adha (3 days)
Please refer to the school calendar for the complete list of school breaks/closings.